Do you ever get the feeling that something just isn’t “clicking” in your business?
Maybe it’s a sense of force or strain…like it takes too much effort to get even simple things done. Perhaps you’ve lost your passion and you leave work each day unfulfilled. Maybe there’s confusion or stagnation, as if you’re not sure what the right decision is and how to keep your company moving forward.
If these symptoms sound familiar, it’s time to reconnect with your core values.
These days, you hear a lot about “values.” What I mean here are concepts that tap into your authentic self. Things that are really important to YOU. Things like kindness, knowledge, abundance, balance, adventure, quality, integrity, achievement, or community.
Mahatma Gandhi said, “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” Often, if there’s a feeling that something isn’t quite right in your business, it’s because there’s disharmony, a disconnect, between these three critical aspects of think—say—do.
On the other hand, when you know your core values and conduct your business in alignment with them, all kinds of powerful things happen. Here are just a few of the benefits…
- Decisions become easier. Your values are a measuring stick by which you can consider various options and make clear, effective decisions. When an opportunity arises, you can simply compare it to the core values you hold close, and determine whether or not it is in alignment.
- You attract the right people. When you’re living your values and putting them at the core of your company’s culture, you attract the right people to your team and weed out those who aren’t a good fit. This way, you can avoid a lot of the friction and trouble with staff members that often arises in growing companies.
- You feel connected to what you’re doing. As a business leader, when you’re living from your core values and incorporating them into the way you run your company, you’ll feel passionate about what you’re doing. You’ll know that you’re playing to your strengths and creating a company that fulfills your ultimate Why.
- More professional and personal satisfaction. When the work you do each day is aligned with your core values, you feel much more satisfied about your life.
- Improved performance. That feeling of stagnation, frustration, confusion, and strain simply dissipates when you’re plugged into your core values. That’s not to say you won’t encounter adversity, but it does mean that you’ll be able to weather it more easily.
- Overcome adversity more easily. Because your company is built around something you care about, you’ll be more motivated to work through periods of difficulty. You’ll find that you have more clarity about what to do when adversity strikes and more energy to get it done.
In my next post, I’ll show you HOW to uncover your core values in a simple 30-minute exercise. In the meantime, ask yourself: how would my business be different if it were completely based on things I really, truly care about?
And if you want to put together a step-by-step plan for creating the business that connects profoundly to your values, don’t miss our next Growth Plan Workshop. We’ll walk you through the process of planning effectively for growth, so that you can keep your forward progress and struggle less as you move through the process of building a profitable enterprise.
In the 7-hour Growth Plan Workshop (including a delicious hot lunch!), you’ll get…
- A clear picture of where you want your business to be in 10-30 years…3-5 years…90 days…and what you need to do TODAY to get you there
- Your yearly goals broken into bite-sized action items
- Energy, vision, and focus
- Strategies to build your profits right away
- The forward progress you need to reach the objectives you’ve set out for yourself
Click here to reserve your seat.
Fri, Mar. 28, 2014 9:00 — 4:00pm
The Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, 8910 Hatfield Dr., Indianapolis 46231
Cost is $247 at the door, $187 in advance, and FREE for clients. And if you register by Mar. 22, 2014, you can join as an early-bird for $97.
This workshop has been a critical game-changer for dozens of business owners, and it can do the same for you. Learn more HERE.